I received my Virgin Media Tivo and Super Hub so now came the tinkering! I wanted the Super Hub to have the IP address 192.168.1.1; like my old one! No technical reason, just personal preference!
This wasn’t so easy!
- First log onto your router; mine was at http://192.168.0.1 by default.
- The default username/password is admin/changeme.
- Click the ‘Advance Settings’ button (at the bottom right)
- Scroll down to DHCP and select DHCP Settings
- In the IP address when I typed 192.168.1.1 I got message saying: IP Address Conflict, LAN IP and Guest LAN IP can't be the same.
- I typed 192.168.1.5; this restarted the Super Hub
- Navigate to http://192.168.1.5
- I then entered 192.168.1.1 and it worked!
Back to normal :)